Speakeasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Speakeasy

Working on it

2 posters

Makunouchi Ippo Sketch

Rainkyusen
    Rainkyusen

Makunouchi Ippo Sketch Empty Makunouchi Ippo Sketch

Post by Rainkyusen Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 pm

Just wanted to know some ideas about how to do drawings in this genre more effectively. Some constructive criticism would be nice.XD

Makunouchi Ippo Sketch Image211

Makunouchi Ippo Sketch Image212
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Makunouchi Ippo Sketch Empty Re: Makunouchi Ippo Sketch

Post by Wesley Crow Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:49 pm

These are pretty good to start from. I would say that simply drawing more would be a great way to improve your skills. The shading is rather harsh in tonal variation, though I can tell the cell shading look is certainly what you were going for. Ippo's face is strangely bulged out, and it may be on purpose but if there is a place to mess up, it is not the face. Our eyes are made to look for faces so mistakes there will be much more noticeable. That is why drawing people is so much harder than drawing objects, we are so familiar with all the little details and proportions.
    Rainkyusen
    Rainkyusen

Post by Rainkyusen Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:25 pm

I will draw another picture and get it up here sooner or later. I was mostly working on shading in these pictures but i do admit i messed up that face a bit. Anime faces are strange looking even if you do them right some time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:17 am