Speakeasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Speakeasy

Working on it

5 posters

Firefly

Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Firefly Empty Firefly

Post by Wesley Crow Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm

So, just because I've watched it about six times now, two of which were in the past week, I feel like talking about this favorite show of mine. If you don't know what I am talking about, you should seriously check Firefly out on Netflix or something because it is a classic. Unfortunately it is a little short because it got cut in the first season, but that was simply because Fox is stupid. If you are a Browncoat then what is your favorite episode, or favorite so far if you aren't done?

I can't decide myself because they're all brilliant but maybe you're more decisive than I.

(Just a warning, expect spoilers)
    Angry Reigndeer
    Angry Reigndeer

Firefly Empty Re: Firefly

Post by Angry Reigndeer Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

With everyone pressuring me to watch Firefly, I should really just stop procrastinating and watch it already. Heard only great things about the show, too. Sometimes it is a bit harder for me to watch shows than others. Sadly, it seems Firefly is one of those.

My favorite, by default, is the first episode. Since that is all I watched. A lot actually goes on in that episode. I was surprised how much they fit in. Pretty great show, from what I have seen.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Post by Wesley Crow Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 am

Yeah, strange Fox said there wasn't enough action in it. Most everyone gets shot and they introduce plenty of danger at every turn. It is a great experience to share though. So many little quips and jokes that are just more enjoyable with someone next to you. Find someone who has not had the chance to watch it and enjoy the show. That is the best way in my opinion.
    MelancholySloth
    MelancholySloth

Post by MelancholySloth Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Firefly is easily one of my favorite shows.(It's at a tie with Breaking Bad) There are so many things about Firefly that makes it amazing, but the main thing about it for me, is the chemistry between the actors. Joss Whedon did an stellar job casting. Because the awesome chemistry the actors had, it made the characters that much more like-able and realistic. It seemed like they really have been on the ship for quite some time together. I think they had that amazing on screen chemistry because how much they just loved the project. It's little things like that, that make Firefly awesome.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Post by Wesley Crow Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

I do love how they all stayed friends way after the show ended. Like when Nathan called Jewel from the set of Castle and asked her for acting advice. Their panels are so much fun to watch because they retain that chemistry that was in the show. Honestly as long as they had a good chunk of that cast I'd watch any show Joss chose to make next. It is the people that made the show awesome and they can make another one awesome too.
    MelancholySloth
    MelancholySloth

Post by MelancholySloth Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, I think there is a better chance we will see a new show, with the Firefly cast in it, than a Firefly re-boot. And honestly, I wouldn't really mind that.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Post by Wesley Crow Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm actually really liking this idea. Lets call Nathan and Joss and get them working on it. What is your favorite episode Melancholy Sloth? I really like Ariel, the one where they rob the hospital on the core. The two agents were super creepy and added a great deal of suspense. They really made you hate the alliance and understand how valuable River is to them. Plus there was the whole thing with Jane which helped move his character along and help him develop. The same scene with the cargo bay and exiting the atmosphere solidified how much Mal cares for his crew. On top of all that they learned what happened to River and Simon got some respect for pulling that heist and getting Serenity the first major haul since the show started. Just an important and entertaining episode.
    Homura-Chan
    Homura-Chan

Post by Homura-Chan Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm

I haven't finished Firefly, but I definitely love it. It's funny, exciting, and as expressed earlier, has one of the best casts of any show I've seen. The show reminds me a lot of Cowboy Bebop (which Joss as said he took inspiration from), with it's setting, space opera feel, and character-centric episodes, as well as a surprising level of depth character and story-wise. And after taking some Chinese, it's fun to see if I can understand anything they're saying when they speak the language. I'm really looking forward to finishing it, and halfway through I can already say it's one of my favorite live action shows. I have to give it up to Jayne for being my favorite character. After Jaynestown (also my favorite episode so far) I feel like he developed into a lot more than the trigger-happy smartass he was acting like in the beginning of the show.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Post by Wesley Crow Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Do you plan on watching it without me (which is totally fine, I've seen it often enough in the past few weeks) or do you want to wait until we can get together again to watch it? I would like for you to finish the series and watch Serenity so we can talk about the show in its entirety. I show Firefly to everyone I can so I end up watching it plenty of times. My Dad has even shown interest in watching the first few episodes to see how it is.
    Homura-Chan
    Homura-Chan

Post by Homura-Chan Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 pm

I do plan to finish it when I get the chance to (with or without you). My mom and I are currently starting Evangelion though, which has my TV time booked up till classes start, so Firefly will have to wait till after that. And since I don't have Serenity, I'll watch that with you, and share in your grieve that Fox cancelled such an amazing show. I think your dad would love Firefly, although I'm pretty sure most sane people would, so you should definitely watch it with him. Rewatching shows I find are a lot more rewarding than only seeing it once; you pick up on little things that you never saw or would only get if you had seen the show in its entirety.
    Rainkyusen
    Rainkyusen

Post by Rainkyusen Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:28 pm

AW yea. We talking about Firefly up in here. The girl was awesome and her martial arts was intense. Shephard was probably my favorite character after thinking about it for a while since he was the silent but deadly type. It was cool to watch the story unfold and sad to watch it all end but hey. That Life up in This Planet!! I am about to go to Art class with one of my friends so I will see you all LATER!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:42 am