Speakeasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Speakeasy

Working on it

2 posters

Short Story (The Perfect Date)

Rainkyusen
    Rainkyusen

Short Story (The Perfect Date) Empty Short Story (The Perfect Date)

Post by Rainkyusen Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am

I want people to post a short story of their perfect date here.
    I think it will be interesting to see how peoples romantic interests differ. I will begin with my own.

A Perfect Day

A perfect day for me would have to include a perfect date. Spending an awesome day with my amazing girlfriend would make it perfect.

It would start with waking up to a blood red sunrise next to her, feeling well rested and ready for the day. As I lay there anxiously awaiting her return to consciousness I gaze upon her beautiful face fondly and reminisce about our past together and how we are where we have ended up today. Once she has awoken we would go downstairs to the kitchen and cook a hearty breakfast together while laughing and singing. Eating it in bed while listening to music would be nice and the meal would probably consist of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, ham and juice.

When we have finished eating we would go to a drive in movie theatre and watch an old style film about the 1920’s like “Singing in the Rain” or “The Artist”. This would be followed by a brief but exciting drive to the nearby black sand beach. Even though the weather earlier was rainy and ominous it has brightened up considerably, and is now sunny and warm. We run around the virtually empty strip of sand and swim in the ocean, getting knocked around by the endless waves. When we get hungry I would treat us to a seafood restaurant on the beach and take her to the local boardwalk carnival. We’d spend a while there, on rides and playing games. Eventually we would move back to the beach and hangout for a while before packing up and travelling home.

As we arrive home I would get out and piggy back ride her into the house and cook an extravagant gourmet meal for two. With the lights dimmed and Anthony Hamilton playing softly in the background, we would enjoy our meal together. For dessert I decide to bring her to a local pie shoppe and we indulge on a fresh cherry pie. To relax after our long and fulfilling day, we climb onto the roof of my house and stargaze while lying next to each other. The moon in full and shining as we talk for hours and makes jokes as we grow closer together, strengthening our bond that was already so strong it will never be broken. When we decide to, we go inside and swing dance to jazz music, slowly working our way outside to dance under the moonlight. Eventually we fall asleep inside on a pillow and blanket covered ground, tired and happy.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Short Story (The Perfect Date) Empty Re: Short Story (The Perfect Date)

Post by Wesley Crow Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm

This is a very nice read. It feels like an essay or writing exercise though with the intro. I don't know if that is the vibe you are going for, but a lyrical rendition of this would be really interesting. I like the feeling of honesty and simplicity in the writing that is mirrored by the selection of events that would compose the perfect day, so an elaboration with too much flowery language would feel like you were trying to hard though. A little flourish here and there though would make a wonderful piece of writing though.

This got me thinking about my idea of a perfect date. I may start a thread about that sometime soon if you don't beat me to it.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:10 pm