Speakeasy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Speakeasy

Working on it

2 posters

Visual Art Portfolio Posts

Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Visual Art Portfolio Posts Empty Visual Art Portfolio Posts

Post by Wesley Crow Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 pm

So I don't know how to best organize the Visual Art section. Either you could post each individual work for critique and have tons of topics, or have each user have a portfolio post that they post all their work in and people just have a long topic of several critiques. We could also do a sub forum in there for either the portfolio's or the individual works. What do you think?
    Homura-Chan
    Homura-Chan

Visual Art Portfolio Posts Empty Re: Visual Art Portfolio Posts

Post by Homura-Chan Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 am

Well, I don't really know how many people we'll be having posting art (other than you for sure Crow, hopefully), so for the time being I think having individual works posted would be fine. If things start getting a little crowded in the forum you could always organize it then, but when the flow is small I think simplicity can be allowed. Eventually we might have to do the same for the writing forum if works there start to be posted more consistently.
    Wesley Crow
    Wesley Crow
    Admin

Post by Wesley Crow Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 pm

That is true. I think the future possibility of a sub forum means there isn't really that much of a worry in this regard. I do kind of wish that certain arts will be dabbled in and shown here. They really don't have to be good, I suspect most people will understand the feeling of venturing into a new field with no skill and hoping to get advice to move that skill along. There is a lot more to visual art than just pencil drawing too and they are all different types of skills. If you are bad at pencil drawings you may still love collage, spray painting with home made stencils, or metal working. I just hope we have a need for more organization really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:01 pm